Dog Costume Contest - 2016
Submit a photo of your dog wearing a costume to enter this contest!Contest Ends: Oct 31, 2016
Do you have a cute picture of your dog wearing a Halloween costume? If you do, you probably think that your dog is the cutest thing ever. Why not put it to the test and upload a photo of your pup in a costume?
This contest will run until the end of the month. The official end date will be Oct. 31st, 2016.
The photo you upload may be of your dog during any year; however, if the image you are uploading is an image you found on the internet, you will be disqualified. Other than that, pretty much anything goes. Just upload a picture of your dog in a Halloween costume and other users will vote. Good Luck!
1st Place: 3-month Bark Box subscription (learn more here)
2nd Place: 1-month Bark Box subscription (learn more here)
3rd Place: Bragging rights
Terms & Conditions
Breeder Retriever Halloween Costume Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must be at least eighteen (18) or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and outside the fifty (50) United States (incl. DC). Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on October 13, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT on (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Breeder Retriever Halloween Costume Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry, and who have completed a brief survey (the “Survey”), including providing all contact information required by the Sponsor. Employees, officers, and directors of BreederRetriever.com (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with BarkBox.
2. Sponsor: Breeder Retriever, 4110 Mission Boulevard, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92109.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, individuals who upload a photo at https://www.breederretriever.com/contest/dog-costume-contest-2016/, shall be invited to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://www.breederretriever.com/contest/dog-costume-contest-2016/, where you will be invited to enter the Sweepstakes. Upon completion of each entry method, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the contestant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the entry form or Survey will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ and/or referrals’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about November 1, 2016, Sponsor will select the name of the potential winner of the prize based on popular vote among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or phone number, using the information provided at the time of entry, on or about July 2, 2016. Except where legally prohibited, at the request of the Sponsor, each potential winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email or telephone after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of a 3-month BarkBox subscription. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $87.00. One (1) Runner-Up Prize will be awarded. The Runner-Up Prize consists of a 1-month Barkbox subscription. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Runner-Up Prize: $29.00. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $119.00.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Terms and conditions apply to gift cards; see gift card for more information.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the Survey website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT BREEDERRETRIEVER.COM AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AUTHORIZES SPONSOR TO REPRODUCE, DISTRIBUTE, DISPLAY AND CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ENTRANT’S PHOTOGRAPH ENTRY, IN ANY MEDIA NOW OR HEREAFTER KNOWN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUBLICATION ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR MARKETING MATERIALS AND IN EXHIBITS AND PROMOTIONS RELATED TO SPONSOR, FOR ANY PURPOSE, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT ANY FEE OR OTHER FORM OF COMPENSATION.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California or the appropriate State Court located in San Diego County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://www.breederretriever.com/contest/dog-costume-contest-2016/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by November 1, 2016 to: 4110 Mission Blvd, Suite 200 San Diego, CA 92109 Attn: Director of Marketing. For the name of the winner available after November 1, 2016, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by November 1, 2016, to: 4110 Mission Blvd, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92109 Attn: Director of Marketing. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules.