These Are Our Favorite Pet Friendly Restaurants On The West Coast
You’re out for a romantic evening with your boo, your BFF, and … your pooch? Is this real life? As long as you’re dining at one of these pet friendly restaurants, you can enjoy a delicious meal while your pup dines on some quality fare, too!
We’ve compiled a list of just some of our favorite pet friendly restaurants on the West Coast. We based our choices on the following super-scientific criteria:
- Pet perks: Do they make lil’ Waffle feel like part of the fam?
- Location: Is the restaurant in a dog friendly spot?
- Reviews: What are pet parents saying?
Have you dined at one of these spots, or did we forget to include your fave? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Pet Friendly Restaurants: San Diego
The Patio on Lamont Street
4445 Lamont Street
San Diego, CA, US 92109
- Pet perks: A homemade dog biscuit, a bowl of water, discounts on the “Dog-tails” menu if you bring your canine companion, and plenty of attention from the restaurant’s staff!
- Location: Located in beautiful Pacific Beach, this restaurant offers plenty of space to walk and sightsee.
- Reviews: Pet parents love the drinks at this restaurant’s open-air patio! If you have a big dog, make sure you request a table along the wall.
4934 Voltaire St
San Diego, CA, US 92107
- Pet perks: Water bowls and treats are provided for pups in this restaurant’s large outdoor seating area!
- Location: This cafe is in a prime spot for a full, fun day with your pup! It’s located across from a dog wash and just a few blocks away from the dog beach at Ocean Beach, so you can frolic in the sun before (and after) enjoying a meal with your pooch.
- Reviews: “The food is delicious and they also have a doggy menu for your fur baby,” notes one reviewer! Other pet owners love this spot’s ambiance and friendly staff.
The Prado at Balboa Park
1549 El Prado
San Diego, CA, US 92101
- Pet perks: You can sit at this restaurant’s front patio with your pup, and order from the bar menu!
- Location: This spot’s location more than makes up for its sparse pet perks. You and your fluff-butt will get to wander throughout gorgeous (and gigantic) Balboa Park!
- Reviews: “My friends and I enjoy the small front patio,” says one reviewer, “as you are away from the crowds and can usually find a seat.” Extra bonus: the cocktails are reportedly delicious!
Pet Friendly Restaurants: San Francisco
Palomino Restaurant & Bar
345 Spear St
San Francisco, CA, US 94105
- Pet perks: When you enjoy a table outdoors at this spot, your pup will get a bowl of water and plenty of attention from the restaurant’s staff!
- Location: Located right by the Oakland Bay Bridge, you’ll be able to walk off your dinner by strolling along the Embarcadero!
- Reviews: One reviewer notes, “The food was yummy and they catered to both humans and dogs alike.”
2814 19th St
San Francisco, CA, US 94110
- Pet perks: Fido will get a bowl of water while seated outdoors at this popular brunch spot!
- Location: Located in Potrero Hill, this cafe is located in an area that will be great to walk and people-watch with your furry friend!
- Reviews: One reviewer calls this spot a “nice place to stop during a walk,” and others rave about Universal Cafe’s French toast!
1240 9th Ave
San Francisco, CA, US 94122
- Pet perks: At Park Chow, your pup will get to chow down, too — this restaurant provides treats and water bowls!
- Location: You’ll get to kick back and relax with your pet in this spot’s outdoor, covered patio, which is even heated!
- Reviews: Reviewers rave about Park Chow’s atmosphere, calling it a friendly spot with good food and excellent service. “This is also one of the best dog-friendly restaurants in the city,” says one happy customer!